Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 11

Stairs.

It always amazes me. If you tell someone you are going to spend half an hour working out on a stair-stepper machine they will usually nod their heads in approval. On the other hand if you suggest to someone that they use actual stairs, they are shocked and hurt.

I work in a hospital that goes from LL to the 8th floor. The doctor’s lounge is on the LL, the ICU on 3 and medical wards on 6 and 8. I go up and down the stairs continuously during the day. Whenever I get paged out of lunch for a patient on the 8th floor I look forward to the nine floor climb as a bonus, a chance to work some physical training into my daily life.

The same holds true in other situations. If I go to a mall, I leave the close up parking spots for the old ladies and the disabled. I park far away and walk, If I need to go to the grocery store to pick up some food, I walk and get two bags of stuff to carry home: weight training and aerobics! An extra bonus.

Losing weight is all about diet and exercise. The more calories you burn by incorporating physical training into your daily life, the more weight you will lose.

Pretend the elevator was never invented. Take the stairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home